Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aztaka

So, in this post I wanted to talk to you about the newest indie game that I've been playing. It's called Aztaka. Of the couple of indie games that I've played recently, it's by far the best. Basically the game is about a young aztec warrior. The story is so so, however the game play is really unique and allot of fun. The game is an 2d side scrolling rpg with some very interesting puzzles to solve. The art in it, is also of top quality. It has a look and feel to it that you don't often see. The price is also a winner. It costs only $14.95. I really only have a couple of complaints with the game. One is the lack of a tutorial. In my opinion, any modern game, indie or not, should have a tutorial that explains basic game play. Secondly, the game relies on reams of text to explain the story. Most of the time I found myself skipping story after story just because I didn't feel like reading a book. Once again, I feel that modern games should use techniques like audio narration or just pictures (worth 1000 words after all) in explain the story. Anyways, onto the rating: using my new patented game rating system, I give it a 9 out of 10 stars.

2 comments:

  1. I just can't bring myself to play a puzzle platformer. And $15 doesn't seem that cheap to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try the demo? It's surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete